10/06/2012

The "What to Buy" list/plan


As you might already know, we are students of a limited budget. Meaning although we might splurge on some products (Like the Estee Lauder lipstick), after having saved up enough money, we do not have a huge amount of money each month. Which, for sure, doesn’t mean that we don’t crave for all those pretty and oh so raved about makeup and skincare products.


So Karen and I have come up with our so called “What we need to buy list”. Now this might sound ridiculous but it actually really helps getting “things” organized. So first off we wrote down all the things we want to buy, then, after prioritizing, we “assigned” each item a month.
At the moment our list reaches up to January which means, we are only supposed to buy those things from our list up to January straight….not that that would work, yes we know it’s crazy!
There’s always this item that slips in between and messes up the whole entire plan, but for the most part we try to sick to our list.

Now, there’s more to this list, there’s a strategy or should I call it a pattern?… We decided that we’ve been buying makeup throughout the last year or so, always purchasing drugstore products that we thought we needed right in this moment…let me tell you…completely unnecessary and a waste of money, but anyways!
So we felt like we kind of had collected a pretty good makeup kit. And we want to focus more on our skincare. Our philosophy is no matter how much makeup you possess it is all of no use, as long as your skin isn’t taken care of. Nevertheless of course, as we are girls, there is always some makeup item, we want to own.

So the pattern behind this list or plan whatever you might want to call it is that we decided to alternate between makeup items and skincare products. However we are quite pleased that there are currently more skin care products on our list, than there are makeup products.
The first to buy thing on our list was…makeup! How could it be any different?….wait... I feel like I’m kind of contradicting myself here, just a tad bit. But, you know, who cares? Anyways...It was the Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate. With this we accomplished our first…what should I call it…Mission?!

Well, so much to that. Next on my list are these lovely things: 


       And maybe also:



Although the above mentioned are already enough to cover the next few month.

You see it’s quite a lot, and then there is the question whether I need all of those products…Well let me tell you….YES I DO!....not really. But I want them and so I am going to stick to this plan.

What  I also like about the list is that I get excited every time I have a look at it. Be it to tick of bought products, to add new ones or to have a look when I was thinking or buing the next product.

At this point, if you haven’t already quit reading, you must think we’re completely out of our minds. Well really we’re just trying to make it all a little more fun. We like to get excited and let me tell you, this has become very hard the last year or so, heading towards graduation constantly under some kind of school pressure. This is just our own kind of therapy, our constant reminder that we do still have lives and things we can get excited about, when assignments heap up on us. Just as this blog is. A space for us to let ourselves be how we want to be, and not care about what people expect and who they want us to be. A place to feel a tiny bit better just for the moment we take the time to work on our beloved blog.


Love, Zoe      xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen