10/14/2012

Review: Mac Lipstick "So Chaud"


Hey,

Although it’s I’m actually really busy this weekend, revising and studying for upcoming tests this week, I am going to take the time, to write you a little review, on my Mac So Chaud lipstick.

Currently this is the only red-ish lipstick I own. I’m saying “red-ish”, because really it’s more of an orangey red. This lipstick was my first ever purchase from Mac, which is only about a year and three months ago, so it isn’t all that old.



So I last year I really wanted to try one of the Mac lipsticks and after having tried several, without me really loving one, one of the ladies at the Mac counter suggested so chaud…Pronounced “so cho”; She said it would go really well with my bluey-green eyes, and guess what…it did!

At first I was skeptical because a bright orangey-red was quite the opposite of what I was looking for; I wanted a neutral everyday color. The lady kind of read my mind and showed me how I could wear this lipstick on an everyday basis...just dot some onto moisturized lips and then blend it, until it becomes the slightest stain.


Just Like That! :)

In the end I picked it up and I am really glad I did, because recently I have really been getting into bright lips and going into fall also into deep ones, but that’s worth another post. So I was brave and wore the lipstick full on and got a ton of compliments…from then on I decided to be more brave in regards to lipstick and I want to get Mac Russian Red, which I’m sure all of you are familiar with, it’s more of a true blue toned red. Also I want to get Dubonnet, a lovely darker but still true red without plumy undertones.

Enough the rambling…

So Chaud is a matte finish and I can get hours of wear out of it, honestly I have never counted but it lasts during several school periods.
Many people say matte is their least favorite finish but it happens to be my favorite. I do not find it drying at all…Yes your lips need to be moisturized and exfoliated but I love the velvet feel it gives once it starts to dry. It does not dry out my lips at all and I must say I have very dry lips. I can’t tell you if this applies on all the matte Mac lipsticks, as this is my only one but I own one Estee Lauder matte lipstick and it’s the same there. I find both these lipstick, even though they are matte finishes, apply really creamy.




















Ideally you would wear a lip pencil underneath, as you do under most dark or bright colors and also apply it with a lip brush to have more control and get all the edges drawn perfectly. I know my lips aren’t that perfectly drawn but as I am not planning on going out, it works for the purpose of this review.



I am very fair skinned and on me the color works just fine, but I’ve seen darker ladies wear So Chaud and it looked great on them too. I think on darker skin tones, the orange comes out more. On me, if there’s no one with a true red lipstick on, next to me for comparison, it looks like a nice red lipstick. But in comparison to e.g. Russian Red, I think you could really tell the difference.


















All in all I love Mac’s So Chaud lipstick and I would recommend it to you all. Especially to all you fair skinned out there.



Love, Zoe      xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen