10/10/2012

My nailpolish collection


I recently revamped my nail polish collection. Before, I had all my nail polishes in a box, which wasn’t so great because that way, I couldn’t see the actual colours, only the tops of the bottles. I saw this idea on line and totally loved it.
Fortunately, I had an old frame at home, but I’ve seen them online as well. The shelves I ordered from a website, and then all I had to do was to put it together. That was actually the hardest part, and I had to have my father to help me, but now it’s done. I really really love the way that looks and I think it is such a great idea to have something that’s decorative and at the same time practical.

On the 4 shelves, I decided to sort the nail polishes after colour, because when I’m thinking about which nail polish to wear, I usually look for a specific colour. Like that, I can also keep track of which colours I already have a few of and which ones I don’t have at all. Now I know, that I’ll have to get a  grey for autumn, as I don’t have any greys.

Sorry for the picture quality, my camera was going a bit crazy
The top shelf is for the nudes, and the staple black and white colours. Strangely enough, I found myself reaching for these ones in the last couple of weeks, instead of indulging in the rich autumnal colours. It’s probably because they just fit with everything. Many of you will know, that after a few weeks, school just tends to become really crazy, and I haven’t had the time to repaint my nails as often as I would’ve liked. I’ll have a post about how to take care of yourself in stressed situation, so keep a look out for that.
again, sorry!

The second row is for my oranges and reds, reaching from yellow to peaches to deep reds to fuchsias to pale pinks. I love this row when I’m looking for a colour for going out; I always find that these are the ones that look best on such occasions.

On the third shelf, I have my blues and greens, reaching from lilac-y shades to blues to turquoises to mint greens. I also keep my clear nail polishes (base- and topcoats) on there.  On the last shelf usually keep nail polish remover, but I’m probably going to fill that up with other colours over the years.

How do you keep your nail polishes? I always like to hear new ideas on storage.

Love, Karen

xx


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen