10/04/2012

Review: Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate, Intensity One


I promised to write you a review, as soon as I was able to say more about the product than just “Woah Tom Ford!”… So here it is.

The Parcel arrived Saturday and I wanted to unpack it immediately...But Karen and I decided to unpack our Contour kits together so we had to meet up which left me waiting for an hour or so, staring at this parcel actually wanting to do homework, well not wanting to, but you know.
Yes I know stupid things girls do! :D

Anyways, we unpacked it the same day and agreed to both use it, as we were both invited to friends.
So, enough with the rambling, this is supposed to be a review.

First off, the packaging; I mean I hate paying for the packaging but this is AMAZING!  The product comes packed in a brown carton and normally you shouldn’t get excited for a carton, but this has like gold details and riffles on it. Not enough…the compact comes with a lovely faux suede pouch in the same brown as the carton. Smooth to touch and a beautiful eye catcher.


The compact is in a brown reflecting plastic packaging. The front edge is gold and says Tom Ford on it. The packaging seams sturdy, yet due to the reflecting packaging you are able to see every single particle of dirt and fingerprints, which I know some people are quite annoyed with, myself I don’t mind that much.



Now on to the actual product. The Tom Ford shade and Illuminate is a cream contour and highlighting duo of 14 grams that comes in two intensities, as they call it. Intensity one and intensity two. As I am really pale, I picked the intensity one. At first I wasn’t quite sure if this would be too orangey for me, but let me tell you it most certainly isn’t. In the lid there is a mirror which is without a doubt, by far, the largest mirror I have ever seen in any compact. I don’t normally like the compact mirrors too much, for touching up my make up, but this is even larger then my pocket mirror, so it’s brilliant.


I know it's a bit blurry, I apologize, but it wouldn't let me upload the sharp picture


The contour shade is perfect. It is soo buttery and creamy….DUH! It’s a cream. But I think creams can vary in consistency, some can appear to be really dry and minimal in color payoff or really bad pigmented, but this is really pigmented and so easy to blend. Moreover the contour color is really long lasting, I tried to take it off, after I took the swatch pictures but even with rubbing there is still some left on my arm. When I wear this to school, I ask Karen how it looks, and she’s like: “Well it just looks like it’s all worn off.” Then I go to the bathroom and find my face looks the way I left the house that morning after contouring. I think this ultimately speaks for the product. Contour is supposed to look all natural, like there’s nothing on the skin, just a shadow. Myself I’m a cream contour newbe and I managed to create this natural look. The good thing is you can go as light or as dark as you want to, and if you accidently but too much on, you just blend it away with your foundation brush and it looks flawless. It’s so fool proof and you can almost do nothing wrong with it.

Top: Swatch unblended
Bottom: Swatch blended
I like to apply it with a regular flat foundation brush; mine is from the drugstore and works just fine.

The highlight shade is also, perfect. I’ve been looking for a good highlighting cream for ages, and I must say I have very high demands on cream highlighters. I don’t like them to be glittery or overly shimmery. For me the products must have the perfect dewy look or else there rubbish to me. It’s probably because I fear ending up looking unnatural in direct sunlight which is, I think, justifiable, in the end we don’t want to look like Edward, or do we? :D

Unfortunately, for the pictures, the highlighter gives the most natural dewy sheen which I looove, but due to that, it wouldn’t show up on my arm as a swatch.  So I can only show you what it looks like on my finger.



All in all, I am really happy I took the risk and splurged on this product before trying it out. I can only recommend it. If you’re looking for THE perfect cream contour and also highlighter I can almost guarantee you, you’re going to love this. Especially, speaking for the fair skinned ones. :) But I think every skin tone will be well served with this lovely Tom Ford product.

I know it is really, really pricey, but trust me, I don’t regret a penny I spent. You are truly getting what you pay for here.


Love, Zoe     xx


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen