10/12/2012

My jewelry collection and organization + favorite pieces


Hello everyone,

Today I decided on showing you my jewelry collection/storage and my favorite pieces.
During my summer break I vamped up my room which also included my whole beauty storages. So while I was on vacation in France I picked up a lovely jewelry stand to hold studs and dangly earrings, as well as necklaces and bracelets. I love, how my jewelry is now organized and open.


I used to have one of those stands that look like a body. It was really unorganized, also I had to keep my studs in an extra box which made it super hard to see them all and decide on which ones I wanted to wear that day.

















For my bangles I found this lovely crystal glass vintage-y candy glass jar at an
antiques fare in France. I must say I was kind of on the hunt for decoration
for my “new” room, in France, this year. 



As you can probably see, I keep a tray with my skin care products right next to myjewelry.

A lot of the earrings I inherited from my grandmother who passed away ten years ago. I love to have jewelry that has a meaning and isn’t only some rubbish cheapstuff. Although I must say, of course I have bought some earrings and necklaces myself. 

Today I am wearing my granny’s pearl studs and a heart shaped amber necklace my boyfriend gave me.

Please excuse the blurryness, my camera didn't want to focus!
       


I do have more jewelry than there is on my stand but I like to keep mostly jewelry that I wear on a regular basis displayed. Also I used to not really wear all that much jewelry but I feel like it has become a part of me and I feel “naked” without it, if that makes any sense.

On to my favorite pieces. Please excuse the bad lighting.      



The bracelet you can see was a gift for my Birthday a few years ago, it's a charm bracelet and sigh I just love it. There was a time I forgot about it but I am so glad I dug it out from the depths of my endless drawers.

I keep the December and February birthstones on it (Birthdays of my loved  ones),
a starfish (gift from my brother) and a treble clef on the bracelet.


 

From left to right: 
  • the first nechlace was a gift from Karen and another friend, it is soo sweet, you can open the pendant, inside there's a watch and a little mirror. Also they carved our names on the back.
  • next is another inherited piece of my grandmothers. Basically there's not more to it, tha you can see. The pendant has this lovely mosaic like butterfly and flower design
  • I love this next necklace.  It's by the same brand as my charm bracelet. The charm is Arielle the mermaid. There's a little story to it. When I was little I was literally obsessed with Arielle and my fathers was like "whatever is Arielle, has to come with us" :) So I got this as a gift for my birthday and it just reminds me of the times when I was a little girl and had no worries.
  • This last pendant is a dreamcatcher. It was my grandmothers. I think it is Indian-made, but I'm not quite sure.

So, those were my favorite pieces of my collection. I hope this post was inspiring for you. Have a look into your old jewelryboxes and maybe dig out some old treasures and display them nicely.

Love, Zoe   xx








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen