10/17/2012

How to look after yourself in stressful situations

I’m probably not the only one out there. And I’m sure each and every one of you has experienced something similar already. But right now, school is stress. We have at least 2 tests coming up every week, not to mention the massive amount of homework you have to do. Because all of the teachers are so convinced that there is no subject more important than theirs. As you probably know, this is the time where you don’t take the time to paint your nails that often, when you don’t go and pamper yourself, basically, when you don’t look at your best. And that’s ok. But it doesn’t feel very nice going to school/university with unwashed hair or in the sloppiest jumper or with your face literally covered in spots. So here are a few tips and tricks that work for me to keep me looking acceptable during the stress-y periods.


I have read a lot of these articles. And every one, without a fail said “go and take a nice and relaxing bubble bath”. And every time I started to wonder what those people who wrote these articles were thinking. I don’t know about other people, but for me, when I’m in a stressed period of time, the last thing I have any time for is to take a bubble bath. Usually, I will come home late from school, maybe do some sport and then stay up late to study. I cannot imagine how on earth anyone could fit in a bubble bath. That takes at least one hour! Imagine all the stuff I could get done in an hour. But instead of giving you these kinds of tips, I have a few advices that I find genuinely helpful to keep the stress at bay.

1.       First of all, make a plan. Organize your stuff. I know this sounds really obvious, but it does help. Once you’ve got everything organized and you can see things through, it is so much easier to be on top of everything. Trust me; if you have a to-do-list, you’re much more likely to actually get things done.

2.       As this is supposed to be a beauty blog, my second tip has something to do with beauty. And that is: develop a make-up routine, if you don’t already have one. I like to play around with my make-up and change it up every day, but in stressful periods of time, a look that will fit with everything is essential. Something I can wear every day, which takes no more than five minutes to put on and that is low-maintenance. I love a statement lip, but it takes a lot of work to maintain it during the day. Look for long-lasting formulas and products that are easy to use. Also, don’t put on too much, because you’ll just have to spend more time taking it off again.

3.       Overnight masks: Overnight masks, or basically everything that works overnight is really helpful as it saves you a lot of time, so you don’t have to worry putting a mask on your face during the day. If you don’t have an overnight mask, try to find a period of time when you’re just at home (as f. ex. studying). Having a mask on your face while studying won’t disturb anyone, and your skin can still look great.

4.       Dry shampoo: Dry shampoo is such a lifesaver when it comes to washing your hair. I always find that it makes my hair last that one day longer, and if I don’t have the time to wash my hair, this is so helpful.

5.       Have something to look forward to: I find that it helps me so much to get through a difficult period of time when you have something to look forward to. Something like a holiday to get you away from everything is great, but just planning to go shopping or having brunch with a friend works just as well and is a lot cheaper…

I hope you found some of these things helpful, they are certainly things that I have found work really well.

Remember: Even though the situation may seem horrible now, eventually it will get better. You wait and see.

Love, Karen

xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen