10/19/2012

Review: Mac „Gingerly“ Blush + What we’re up to


Well Hello,
Today I want to bring you a review on my Mac blush in “Gingerly”. This is the only blush I own by Mac but I definitely plan on getting more in the future.

After having watched Allison’s (amarixe on Youtube)” The Vampire Diaries Inspired Makeup: Caroline Forbes!” video, I immediately had to get the blush she was using. She is pretty fair skinned and as far as I can tell from her videos her skin tone looks pretty similar to mine, so I thought I couldn’t go wrong with buying this blush. And I didn’t. I absolutely love this color. 
NOTE: All Pictures are in natural light!


 

Even though according to all those endless beauty advisor sites as a fair skinned person the more pink-ier blushes are supposed to look better on me…I don’t really care and just go for which ever color I find prettiest. Those tend to always be the terracotta-y more neutral brown shades.

Anyways I ordered the blush online which I know is risky but I do not regret it.

 

The blush is a “Sheertone” formula. It has no shimmer in it and there’s no fallout at all. The color is a terracotta pinki-brown peach shade…if that makes any sense. I find it would work for many skin tones. 



The color payoff is alright although not super opaque which I don’t mind, because one I am fair skinned so it is better if the color isn’t to strong and two you can really build up the color to your desired effect.



Left: Swatch Right: Blended Out
So a while ago I went out with a friend of mine and as you do we got ready together. She doesn’t own that much high end makeup…in fact none at all. She wasn’t sure what to wear for a blusher so I suggested my Mac “Gingerly” at first she wasn’t quite sure but once applied she loved the color so much that she wanted to go out and buy it…but not owning any high end makeup she didn’t know what the price was and when we were at our Mac counter she was a bit shocked and in the end ended up not buying it.

Here we get into the “what we’re up to “-part. So for the longest time now, ever since the night we went out I wanted to give her the blush as a gift for her birthday. That was about 9 months ago and now her birthday was finally here.

So next week Karen and me together with our course, in which also my friend who loved the blush is, we’re going on a school trip to Vienna. Luckily we’re staying in a hotel not far from a mall with a mac store. Karen and I decided to go and see what purchases we can make. A Haul will follow...Promise. And I will also get my friend her oh so beloved blush as a gift and hope she still remembers and appreciates it.

During our stay in Vienna we will take pictures and bring you all loads of posts about our stay, what we wore and what we bought. We will write some posts in advance so you don’t get bored while we’re not here… I hope you liked my short review and found it helpful…stay tuned

Love, Zoe     xx

 



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen