11/02/2012

Mac Haul

Hey,
Sorry for not posting on wednesday, but I'm really busy studying and Karen is on holiday. :)
Today I want to show you what I got from Mac when I was in Vienna.



So Vienna was nice and we did sightseeing and stuff, but nevertheless we, of course, did some shopping too. There was a mall not far from our hostel and Karen and I looked up all the shops we wanted to go to in this mall. I had a leftover 20 Euro Mac voucher and lucky enough there was a Mac store in the mall. I did spend more than 20 Euros but, you know, I don’t live near a Mac store and I’m certainly not in Vienna all that often either.

I am really happy with what I got and I don’t mind having spent some money.


I had a list of products I wanted to get from Mac, so of course I looked at them. In the end I decided on getting three of six things from my list, because the other things didn’t appeal too much anymore, once seen in real life. I wanted to get Russian Red Lipstick, the 217 brush and Powersurge eye kohl.
Turns out Popwersurge wasn’t in stock and the sales assistant also told me that it was being discontinued? At first I was kind of sad, but in the end it’s only a golden eye kohl, nothing you couldn’t find anywhere else. 


Actually we went to the store several times and felt quite stupid in the end, but Karen and I didn’t get everything in one day. There might have been one or two impulse buys and products we thought about for a day before really purchasing them.



Anyways I ended up getting Russian Red Lipstick, the 217 brush, the 109 brush and an empty Mac quad.



   I wrote about this shade in my So Chaud review and I really wanted to get it for some time, especially, as you know it is a matte finish, and those are my favorites. I think I might do a separate review and a comparison to So Chaud lipstick? What do you think?



Literally every single YouTube guru or any person on the internet who is even the slightest bit into makeup raves about this brush. I did get around without it for quite a while, and I even thought I had a dupe for it, but really I had no clue. Many people I watch said they couldn’t live without it anymore and I always thought that was exaggerated, but oh my…it isn’t seriously this brush is the best. It does all the work and is so versatile as well. I am definitely getting a few more for concealing and what not. This one isn't entirely clean, because I couldn't resist using it before doing this post, of course. :)


By now you probably know, that I’m a sucker for whatever Lisa Eldridge says. You will also notice this in my upcoming Vienna haul. So Mrs. Eldridge said in her favoritebrushes video that the 109 is the best contour brush on the market and as you know I just got my Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate. Also I don’t own that many or good quality face brushes. The ones I own are my mom’s old ones. So The 109 seemed so versatile as well. I saw Tanya Burr using it as afoundation brush in one video and I think it’s brilliant for blush as well. I thought about buying this brush for a day first but I do not regret getting it at all. Also It is one of the cheaper (of course still pricey) face brushes Mac does, so I thought I cannot really go wrong for what this little wonder is supposed to be capable of.


This was an impulse buy. Karen and I were looking at the eye shadows and honestly I’ve been thinking about getting a 15x palette. But really? I mean I will with times but right now I won’t be able to fill up this palette all too quickly so Karen convinced me to get the quad instead.


I didn’t get any shadows yet which; to be honest, sucks, but I want to get all four shades at once and also I have more time to think about the shades I want to get for my palette. Right now I am really unsure. I have different ideas, my favorites is Patina, handwritten, Sable and Shroom. What do you think? Any suggestions?


I don’t know yet. Of course I want to get more shades but when I buy the big palette I’ll be able to buy all the shades I will now decide not to include in my quad and  change up the quad to my liking at that moment but right now I really want to get four shades that are versatile and good as a starter, if you know what I mean.




Oh and lastly...Do you remember when I told you about my friend really loving the Mac Gingerly Blush?. I got it for her birthday as I told you and she absolutely freaked out. I am really glad I could make her happy and taht she liked my present. :)

Thinking about making someone special a present, even without a special occasion? Go for it. It's so totally worth it, a happy beloved person, is worth more than any money in the world. I promise. :)

Love, Zoe       xx



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen