9/27/2012

Review: Estee Lauder Black Cassis Lipstick


I have been contemplating forever whether or not to get the Tom Ford Lipstick in the colour Black Orchid. I really really loved the colour, but it was extremely expensive for a lipstick (at least for my budget). So whilst I was out shopping a few weeks ago I walked past an Estee Lauder counter and one Lipstick immediately caught my eye.
It is called Black Cassis and is from their new autumn collection. The similarity of the Tom Ford Black Orchid and the Estee Lauder Black Cassis is undeniable, and Estee Lauder, whilst still being a high-end brand, is a lot more affordable then Tom Ford. I think the Estee Lauder lipstick was about half price of the Tom Ford one, which seemed like a pretty good deal to me, so I spontaneously bought it.




I have to say, I do love this Lipstick. The packaging of course is gorgeous, but what else would you expect from an Estee Lauder lipstick. It feels really luxurious, and even though I often say I don’t like to pay for packaging, I think that with these kinds of lipsticks, it really does matter how they look like from the outside. Especially lipsticks aren’t only make-up items, when you carry them around with you they automatically become an accessory.

 The colour is intensive, but if you apply it lightly it actually looks really natural. To achieve this kind of natural look, just lightly pat some on directly from the product and then rub it in with your fingers.  As it is quite a dark colour, it can be used on the cheeks too, which also was something that I had in mind while I bought it. When applied with a lipbrush, you can create a pretty good stain, so that you won’t have to constantly reapply it. If you have a matching lipliner I would recommend using it, but if you haven’t, just apply it with a lipbrush, it’ll be fine.  I love how versatile this product is, despite (or maybe exactly because of) it being such a dark colour. All in all, it is a beautiful product, and even though I don’t usually spend that much on a lipstick, I’m very glad that I did, and I would definitely recommend it.

Left: Patted on, then smudged Right: Directly from the lipstick
Love, Karen

xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen