11/18/2012

Review: Mac Russian Red Lipstick + Comparison Mac So Chaud Lipstick

Hello,

 Remeber when I did a Mac So Chaud Lipstick Review? And I also talked about Mac's Russian Red Lipstick? Well I went out and bought it...
What else would you've expected? I'm guessing you already had a look at my recent Mac Haul and spotted the lovely lipstick. I just couldn't resist. A few months ago I would've never bought such a bright colour from mac, because I just felt that I didn't want to spend that amount of money on a lipstick, I wasn't going to be able to wear everyday....Well at least that's what I thought, turns out I was wrong. 

I've been getting more and more into bright lips recently and I've alread worn Russian Red at daytime a few times. Especially when Lisa Eldridge then did a video on the perfect red lip, and you know how I feel about anything that has to do with Mrs.Eldridge, I was all in for a red lip.


I love it. This colour is soo pretty. I love a good deep red lip and this fulfills all my expectations in a deep red. I didn't go for Ruby Woo, because I felt I could achieve a color that would look like it, by mixing Russian Red with a little So Chaud.
there's not a lot to say about this lipstick other than  love it. 
It's like a deep blue toned neutral red. Without any tendancy for burgundy, berry or browny undertones.



Because I wrote about So Chaud and mentioned Russian Red, I thought I'd just give you a quick comparison.
Left: So Chaud
Right: Russian Red

Okay, so this basically contradicts everthing I said about So Chaud being the perfect red. Dion't get me wrong, I love this color, it's just that it's nowhere near perfect red. But..let's face it..I knew when I wrote that So Chaud seems like the perfect red when not compared to Russian Red that this would come out, if I swatched them next to eachother.

With flash
Left: Russian Red
Right: So Chaud

If you want to know more about So Chaud like the color and stuff, go check out my Review, this is just to give you a rought idea of the two colors in comparison.


What about you? Do you like to pull of a bright/red lip? Don't tell me you can't pull it off, everybody can, you just need to find the perfect shade for your skintone.
Go try it out.

Love, Zoe     xx











Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen